Sunday, March 4, 2018

Going Western Part 4

FINALLY. A break in the weather...at least for the good part of a week anyway! Lambing is starting to slow and quiet down here a little bit. At last count, only 23 ewes left to lamb and the last day they should be able to lamb is the 15th. Am I excited? YES. I've also been able to go two weeks without having to sleep in the barn, which is very, very nice. 

I've still had my share of weird stuff happen. Last Monday I had a ewe bloat then die. I also had to help pull a very, very dead, stinky lamb this past Monday. Both of which are things that I never want to deal with again. 

As many of you have seen from Facebook, the 28th was my "birthday" and I had the day off. I went to Great Falls so that I could both see some different parts of Montana as well as have a little retail therapy. It was a gorgeous day! This also gave me an excuse to dress in something other than a long-sleeve t-shirt and jeans as well as wear makeup for the first time in two months. I never thought I'd miss something like that, but apparently I did. 

My plane ticket is booked for the last week of March and then this will be over! I am excited and sad all at the same time. I am excited to go home and see everyone that I've missed for the past (what will be) three months as well as see all of the calves and lambs that Mom and Dad have done a pretty good job of keeping me updated with. I am sad that I will miss out on seeing Montana when it is green rather than blindingly white. I am going to miss these people (the frigid cold, not so much) and I wish I would have had more time to do some sight seeing, but you know what? I can always come back, and I plan on it (but I'm doing that in the summer)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

No. I’m not writing about Thomas Rhett’s song (although it is pretty catchy don’t you think?). I’m talking about the changes that have all ...