Monday, March 19, 2018

Going Western: Part 5





HOLY COW. This coming week will be week 11, then I’m headed home! I am still in disbelief of how fast this has gone by. It seems like it wasn’t so long ago that I got into this frozen, cold place without my luggage.
This experience has helped me grow SO MUCH. I have gone three months without seeing any of my family, well anything that is familiar. I missed out on lambing season at home for the first time, and I haven’t seen the Mountaineers play a basketball game since they beat Oklahoma in the beginning of January (one of the most memorable games I’ve EVER been to). I must also say that it has made me lose some things as well, such as a pant size. Lifting these bales and walking an average of 2 miles per day has definitely helped! However, I think that one of the most impactful things that have come out of this is that I have grown so much closer to God.
I am very much a routine oriented person. When I got here and I had no semblance of a routine, it stressed me out! I finally got into a routine where I would do some Bible study and say a little prayer before heading out of a morning. When I started working with the sheep, it felt like I was constantly praying and asking God to help me get the lambs out of the ewe, or to help me get a lamb to live. I am so thankful that this experience has taught me and helped me grow closer to God, because I feel more at ease because of it. I sure miss my Sunday’s at church, but I still think spending time with God every day has helped me so much.
This is going to be a shorter post, and I promise to do a full recap of this whole ordeal the week I get back. I do ask that since I seem to have the worst luck flying (going in circles around Pittsburgh, and losing my bags) that you keep me in your prayers on the 27th so that everything goes as well as possible. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm! 

Also:  LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Changes

No. I’m not writing about Thomas Rhett’s song (although it is pretty catchy don’t you think?). I’m talking about the changes that have all ...